Thursday, July 23, 2009

Poetry Thursday at The KC ----- Featuring: Icon, a Haiku and a Poem Entitled "Waiting..."



(Photos the property of the Associated Press)

_____________________________


"Pros wearing Icons


Blacks, whites, browns, nineteen new styles


Oh, I want a pair..."


_________________________________



"Waiting"


We've been waiting on the Icon,

for what seems like half a year.

Rory, Luke and Ian have pairs,

all we can do is leer.


We've been waiting on the Icon

it's really quite a bummer.

I call my rep, I check the blog:

"You can pre-order for mid-summer..."


Well c'mon FootJoy it's late July,

By our count, enough time's gone by.

So send a box, FedEx to me;

name: Khaki Crusader, for short: KC


We hope this doesn't take too long

We're running low on humor.

Besides, if you don't act real fast,

I'll place a call to Puma...


And you don't want that...do ya?

1 comment:

TXQ said...

A rhyme with good reason -- your getting the golf shoes you want.