Monday, February 9, 2009

Look of the Week: Luke Donald

(Photo courtesy of AP/Denis Poroy)

One of the reasons I started this blog is because I was looking for a way to catalog the inspirations I got from watching stylish pros and hopefully incorporate different elements into my own on-course wardrobe. I'm very into clothing, but I was "giving up" when I went out to play golf - throwing on whatever I had lying around. Putting this blog together has made me realize that many elements of classic menswear that I love off the course are very wearable on the course as well. Take this shot of Luke from day 3 at the Buick. This look is based on three classic elements: the cardigan, the golf polo and the trousers. He could have gone in alot of directions with these elements, but while gaining creativity points for mixing patterns (black striped cardigan and gray glen-plaid pants) he also kept it very clean with the neutral palette. Luke is one of the crispest guys out there each and every week. Polo/RLX uses Luke, like JL does with Camilo, as a mannequin of sorts for new designs and because everything essentially looks good on these guys, it's a can't miss scenario. One of my favorite things about turning on the tournament every weekend is seeing what guys like Luke and Camilo are wearing.

No comments: