Thursday, January 29, 2009

More guys looking fantastic in blue


(Photos courtesy of AP/Kamran Jebreili)

I could go on about the merits of blue for days. A perfect blend of casual and formal, blue should really be the go-to-color for golfers everywhere wanting to look their best. I mean, if you want to get all matchy matchy on me, what goes best with green? I'd probably say browns, pinks and blues. Therefore, what's going to look best on the golf course huh? You got it. That's a simple formula for you. And you thought picking out an outfit for the member-guest was hard...that's what I'm here for.
Tony Q'aja really makes some good looking pants for Lee and Darren. One similarity I notice immediately with these guys is they keep the look from being too overdone by going with simple white headgear and shoes. It looks like Lee's pants have a cuff and if that's the case - I love it. I think more elements of classic style need to be brought into the golf wardrobe. We don't see enough tradtional materials out there. That's why I like Tony, he's bringing the wools, the cashmere/wool blends and other fabrics that can be just as light and comfortable as some microfiber, but are going to make you look a whole lot better.
Do yourself a favor and check out some of the 'bespoke' pants that Tony has made for Lee, Darren and others at www.qaja.co.uk. While you're there check out the shot of Darren in a 3-piece purple velvet Q'aja suit and ask yourself, "Do I feel lucky?" Not sure what I mean, but it sounded good.
-KC

No comments: